Physio's host physio's
The IFOMPT conference with the pre- and post-courses is taking place from 2-7 July 2024. We would like to create an affordable accommodation offer for participants from low- and middle income countries.
Provide or search private accommodation
Billeting is when a local host welcomes a visiting PT into their home during the duration of an event such as a conference.
Billeting offers a rewarding and exciting opportunity to hosts willing to open their homes to visiting PTs. Key benefits to the host include:
- Build lifelong relationships with PTs from around the world;
- Assist less travelled PTS by providing a safe and comfortable environment that enables them to attend the conference
- Assist the PTs who are placed with them to lessen expenses, making participation in the conference and related events accessible to them; and
- Showing support to SVOMP and IFOMPT allowing them to include as many participants as possible from all areas of the world and all socio economic groups.
Who can become a host?
Local PTs and their families with a spare room or space to accommodate visiting PTs. Visiting PTs can be overwhelmed with international travel and/or simply not be able to afford staying in hotels.
By becoming a host, certain responsibilities are acknowledged:
- Treat the billet as a member of your family;
- Inform the guest of your expectations and house rules; confirm the hosting agreement with him/her
- Advise the guest on the use of public transport from the accommodation to the venue;
Information for guests searching private accommodation
Guests from low and middle income countries will be priorised. Submitted requests for accommodation are not a guarantee that a suitable offer may be found.
The guests will acknowledge that they are guests in the house and will:
- Show gratitude and respect to the host for opening their home;
- Treat the property with respect and leave it as found;
- Insurance and liability is the responsibility of the host, any risk lies with the guest.
- SVOMP to facilitate the process of finding potential hosts and guests and of matching them up. However, SVOMP will not be involved with the actual hosting arrangements and troubleshooting – that will be solely between the matched-up hosts and guests.
- SVOMP takes no responsibility for the billeting/matching arrangement.
- Potential hosts and guests should complete the below form.
- SVOMP will be regularly reviewing applications/offers and will connect hosts and guests via email to allow to work out the details of the hosting/billeting arrangements.
SIGN UP HERE »